[Hackrf-dev] Determining exact tuning frequency

Phil Karn karn at ka9q.net
Sat Jun 23 01:14:20 EDT 2018

Since the HackRF One (like most SDRs) uses fractional-N synthesizers, it
can't always give you the exact tuner frequency you ask for. I would
like to write a function to determine the actual frequency from the one
I ask for so I can compensate for the difference in a later point in my
processing chain. (I'm using a GPSDO clock so these small frequency
offsets are actually quite noticeable.)

I'm looking at the spec sheets and firmware for the various PLL
constants but I'd like to know if anyone has already done this. Thanks.

Phil