[Hackrf-dev] Determining exact tuning frequency

Chuck McManis chuck.mcmanis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 01:28:25 EDT 2018

Hi Phil,

What I've done is that I center tune into the neighborhood of where I want
to tune, and then use either a DDC or a soft mixer function (in GRC or
another module) to tune exactly where I want. If you're trying to homodyne
to the precise frequency then I agree you'll not always be successful.

The other advantage of doing the tuning after you've got your pass band is
that you can run multiple receivers off the same pass band data if they are
all within range. One of my examples I show people is an FM radio with 5
different tuners. The HackRF is tuned to the center of the FM band and then
I can move the 5 tuners anywhere within that band, demodulate them, and mix
and match the audio. Nothing like having a bit of Classic Rock 98.5 in the
background when listening to KFRC (KCBS FM) 106.9.

--Chuck