[Hackrf-dev] Question about file sink in GNU radio companion

Erica Hellberg erihe069 at student.liu.se
Sat May 14 04:40:43 EDT 2016

Hello,

We are two students from Sweden that has been watching your tutorials about SDR with HackRF One. We are studying at Linköping University in Sweden and are now doing a project about "Positioning with radiobased fingerprinting". In this project we need to build a SDR receiver and have got some inspiration from lesson 1 in great scot gadgets. But now we have a problem and that is why we contacted this mailing list. We have some questions that we hope someone can answer.

We are wondering about the file sink in GNU radio companion. How it works and so on. We don't really understand how it works. But we understand that the input type should be the same as the block that the file sink is connected to. Should we choose buffered or unbuffered? Vec length, should it be the default value 1 or something else? Can you please explain all this more specific. Then we wonder to which block we should connect the file sink. Is it to the osmocom source wx gui fft sink or something else? See the attached file, how we built the FM-radio receiver. We also send the gnu-file of the radio receiver.

We hope you can help us tackle this problem.

Best regards,
Erica Hellberg and Agnes Lindström
Norrköping, SWEDEN