[Hackrf-dev] Question about GNU radio

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:34:04 EDT 2016

On 13 May 2016 at 14:02, Erica Hellberg <erihe069 at student.liu.se> wrote:

> We are studying at Linköping University in Sweden and are now doing a
project about “Positioning with radiobased fingerprinting”

This sounds interesting, I'm sure others on this list would be interesting
in hearing about the project as it progresses.

> First we wonder how we can save the data from the FFT plot to a file on
our computers and later use this file in MATLAB. Are there any blocks to
use to make it work?

You can save the raw data to file using a file sink block and later perform
the FFT in Matlab.  Alternatively you can use the FFT block (under Filters
> FFT) and save the output to file.  I have never used the standalone FFT
block, so I can't offer advice on how it is used.

> Then we also wonder how to get the exact value and information of a peak
in the plot. When you have the pointer at the peak you can see a value but
it is not certain that it is the correct value. See figure below.

I think the attachment was removed by the mailing list system, but I would
suggest that by capturing the data and performing the FFT in Matlab, you
will have the exact values for the FFT output and can calculate the peaks
from that.

Thanks,
  Dominic