[Hackrf-dev] Question about GNU radio

Erica Hellberg erihe069 at student.liu.se
Fri May 13 09:02:45 EDT 2016

Hi,

We are two students from Sweden that has been watching your tutorials about SDR with HackRF One. We are studying at Linköping University in Sweden and are now doing a project about "Positioning with radiobased fingerprinting". In this project we need to build a SDR receiver and have got some inspiration from your lesson 1. But now we have a problem and that is why we contacted you. We are wondering two things. First we wonder how we can save the data from the FFT plot to a file on our computers and later use this file in MATLAB. Are there any blocks to use to make it work? Then we also wonder how to get the exact value and information of a peak in the plot. When you have the pointer at the peak you can see a value but it is not certain that it is the correct value. See figure below.

[cid:part5.01050606.07090808 at greatscottgadgets.com]

We hope you can help us tackle this problem.

Finally we have to thank you for your good tutorials about GNU radio companion and how it works.

Best regards,

Erica Hellberg and Agnes Lindström

Norrköping, SWEDEN