[Hackrf-dev] Hackrf firmware upgrade issues

Paul Michelle adj at live.ca
Mon May 2 15:49:54 EDT 2016

Hi Guys,

I’m having issues after upgrading my firmware and hoping it’s something simple to recover from.

Used Mike's tutorial video 5 and the Wiki as my guide to upgrade. Observations: The upgrade was simple and worked with no issues.
After the unit reset, I only get LEDs 3V3 (Green), RF (Red) and TX (DIM Red). Tried hackrf_info – no devices found.
Put the unit in DFU mode and pushed “hackrf_one_usb_ram.dfu”. I was able to do a hackrf_info and the board info was displayed. LEDs 3V3 (Green), 1V8 (Yellow), RF (Red), USB (Green).
Proceeded to run “hackrf_spiflash –w hackrf_one_usb_rom_to_ram.bin” No issues. hackrf_info - firmware version reflected the new firmware version 2015.07.2
After the unit reset, I only get LEDs 3V3 (Green), RF (Red) and TX (DIM Red). Tried hackrf_info – no devices found.

What am I missing.

Cheers,
AJ