[Hackrf-dev] Hackrf firmware upgrade issues

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:52:06 EDT 2016

On 2 May 2016 at 20:49, Paul Michelle <adj at live.ca> wrote:

> Put the unit in DFU mode and pushed “hackrf_one_usb_ram.dfu”. I was able to
> do a hackrf_info and the board info was displayed. LEDs 3V3 (Green), 1V8
> (Yellow), RF (Red), USB (Green).

Which firmware version did hackrf_info report after you used DFU mode?

> Proceeded to run “hackrf_spiflash –w hackrf_one_usb_rom_to_ram.bin” No
> issues. hackrf_info - firmware version reflected the new firmware version
> 2015.07.2

If the HackRF hasn't been reset yet, this version number will be
coming from the DFU step above, not the version written with
hackrf_spiflash.

> After the unit reset, I only get LEDs 3V3 (Green), RF (Red) and TX (DIM
> Red). Tried hackrf_info – no devices found.

It sounds like your firmware isn't being written to flash correctly or
is being written but is not able to be read back.  This could be a
hardware issue.

Thanks,
  Dominic