[Hackrf-dev] SPI programming

RickS crs026 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 15:46:11 EDT 2016

Hi All,
I am working on the HackRf BBB prototype board.  This is basically a HackRf One as a cape for the BeagleBone Black and Green.  I have most of the firmware ported to the BBB but I am having problems confirming that the registers are getting written to the various chips.  It appears that none of the read_reg functions actually read the registers but instead only send the contents of a register array in memory.  I was wondering the reason for this?  When I change the code to actually read the contents of the chip registers all I get back is 0.  This includes altering the firmware on a HackRf One board and using the chip read utilities.  Right now I can't confirm that I am actually communicating with the chips.  Looking at the MISO and CLK lines with a scope confirm that the SPI is working.  The datasheets for the various chips haven't shed much light on the problem so far.  Does anyone have any ideas?
RickKD0OSS