[Hackrf-dev] using libhackrf

McDonald, J Douglas jdmcdona at illinois.edu
Wed May 27 09:35:14 EDT 2015

I have libhackrf. I use plain ordinary C. I have written hundreds of programs in
Fortran and C. In 1973-4 I was the largest single user of computer cycles on the
Planet Earth (literally .... 2.5x65 CPU months on the world's largest computer, the Illiac 4,
which was less than 1/200 the overall power of the I7 I write this on, 65 processors, memory 2 MB).

Yet libhackrf has me stumped.

Al I need is a SIMPLE example written using it, sending settings out to the HackRF and
then sending out the packets. For example, simply generating a buffer containing
a vertical line that oscillates back and forth on a TV screen, or just reading a large
(gigabyte) file of samples at afixed rate and sending them out.

I just can't seem to figure out the undocumented stuff. All examples are horrendously
overcomplicated.

Doug McDonald