[Hackrf-dev] using libhackrf

Karsten von Hornbostel kaback at googlemail.com
Wed May 27 10:51:12 EDT 2015

Hi Doug,

you may use the source of hackrf-tools as a starting point. The tool
hackrf_transfer does the "reading a file and sending them out" (tx)
mentioned below. It even can do "tune to a frequency and write samples
to file" part (rx) and some more stuff.

The code is, however, not documented, but really short.

So you may start studying the
code at https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/blob/master/host/hackrf-tools/src/hackrf_transfer.c
watching out for hackrf_* calls (hackrf_init(), hackrf_open() and so
on). It may take a few minutes, but its worth doing this. You will
develop some kind of understanding how things work.

There may be other tools worth studying too, but hackrf_transfer was
the first that came in my mind :)

Regards,
Karsten