[Hackrf-dev] Project on the decoding of WiFi-Networks

Andreas Diehm andreas.diehm at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:00:48 EDT 2015

Hello fellow HackRF-Devs,

I'm a german student working on a project in which we try to read the Data
of a WiFi-Network using the HackRF and Gnu Radio Companion.
I have some questions about some peculiar things that have happend to me
while exercising the lessons on SDR by Michael Ossmann.
I did the Radio in GRC and it worked only once, all the other times it
gives me "UaUaUa" as an Error-Message, is this related to my Hardware or
related to some bugs on the HackRF and what is the meaning of "U" and "a"?

Another question is about the filters in GRC. While trying to set up a
filter for my (very basic and unfinished) flowgraph (
http://abload.de/img/bsbphudi.png ) I was unable to figure out, what value
the "transition width" needs. Is there a way of calculating it, trial and
error unfortunatly turned out to be unsuccsessful.

My last question is, if there is already a flowgraph that decodes
Wifi-Data, and is it even possible with the HackRF, Gnu Radio Companion and
a consumer-class PC to do such a complicated action?

Best regards,

Andreas Diehm