[Hackrf-dev] HackRF settling time

Ibrahim Basaran ibrahim.basaran at tubitak.gov.tr
Thu Oct 9 10:28:20 EDT 2014

We are trying to sweep all ~ 6GHz with HackRF. In our tests we have seen that it takes 2.5ms to 5ms to settle for a configuration.
Our test is simply run hackrf_transfer , record for a second, look at the data in time domain and note the point where it seems settled visually.
My questions are :

    1. Are our settling time values correct?
    2. Is there any better way to test or has anybody done such tests?
    3. Which part of the hardware causing this time? Our guess is the clock source.
    4. Is there any way to make it faster?

İbrahim BAŞARAN
Senior Researcher / Uzman Araştırmacı
TÜBİTAK BİLGEM M070