[Hackrf-dev] HackRF settling time

Quentin Smith quentin at mit.edu
Thu Oct 9 11:25:12 EDT 2014

I haven't tried it myself, but my guess is that hackrf_transfer is the
wrong tool for this - most of the time is probably due to the startup of
the HackRF, which happens each time you invoke hackrf_transfer, instead of
just due to tuning.

You should write an app (maybe just a simple modification of
hackrf_transfer) that opens the device once and then tunes different
frequencies at fixed intervals, and I bet you'll find a much shorter
settling time on all subsequent tunings.

--Quentin