[Hackrf-dev] Can I do that?

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Fri Nov 7 18:50:28 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 06:37:28PM -0500, pete M wrote:

> BUT I do learn fast..

You might like to start here:

http://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr/

I'm working on resuming lessons this month.

> One other question.. can it also sweep in tx something like 7 mhz band
> of frquency very fast then start again all over and as long as needed?

That is not a problem.  There is some limitation to how fast the analog
front end (hardware) can be re-tuned, but that doesn't matter for
operations with a total bandwidth less than 20 MHz.  A sweep over 7 MHz
can be done entirely in software without any requirement to re-tune the
hardware.

Mike