[Hackrf-dev] Problem building libhackrf on Debian 6.0/amd64.

dragorn dragorn at kismetwireless.net
Sun Aug 4 10:51:11 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 02:35:55PM +0100, Andrew Back wrote:

> > That's too bad, but this points to it being a problem on your system.

> > To not be able to find headers in the standard /usr/include path is

> > very strange. That's probably never explicitly mentioned in any of the

> > CMakeLists files because it's just assumed that the compiler would

> > look there.

> Yeah, I wondered if it was something specific to my particular system

> but I also tried building on a second, freshly installed, Debian 6.0

> host and got the same results. Try a more recent cmake from backports

> too and didn't seem to make a difference.

Two thoughts - 1, make sure you have build-essentials and such
installed.

2, have you started installing a cross-compile toolchain? Sometimes
someone ends up with the xcompile chain earlier in the $PATH than the
system compilers, and very very strange things happen from configure
scripts - things which are, actually, very similar to this. Try

'which gcc'
and
'gcc --version'

see if it's the arm gcc or something funky that you didn't expect,
then check $PATH and see if your xcompile dir is earlier in the list.

Might be a red herring but it's easy to check.

-m