[CMCEmail] Two More CMC Outings Added to the Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Feb 5 23:00:07 EST 2018

CMC Members -

The following two outings have just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

April 7th                                  Saturday
Galena Peak (9,330')

Galena Peak (9,330) is a fun local (snow?) climb near San Gorgonio Mountain
in the San Bernardino National Forest.  This is a great pre-sierra season
warm-up climb, 6+ total miles with 3,200 feet of gain.  This is a
predominantly (class 1-2) cross-country route with little or no trail being
used.  Ice axe and crampons may be required.  If interested, please email
Joe at joewhite328 at gmail.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Joe White

May 5th (Cinco de Mayo!)                  Saturday
Anderson Peak (10,840')

Join me for a fun Cinco de Mayo (chips/salsa?) day hike in the San Gorgonio
Wilderness!  This will be another cross-country pre-sierra season (with some
snow?) warm-up hike, 8+ total miles, and 4,040' of gain.  Meet at the Mill
Creek Ranger Station, and carpool to the Forsee Creek Trailhead (6,800') on
the north side of the San Gorgonio Wilderness.  Our route will leave the
trail after 1 mile and ascend/descend a rarely used (class 1) cross-country
ridge route.  Ice axe and crampons may be required.  If interested, please