[CMCEmail] New CMC Outings added to the Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Apr 10 21:22:51 EDT 2012

CMC Members-

The following outings have just been added to the schedule:
Note: for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

June 2-3 Saturday-Sunday Excelsior &
Dunderberg (on the SPS list).

Moderate day hikes, hopefully on snow, requiring ice ax, crampons; possibly
snowshoes. Car camp in area. Plan to drive up Friday for fairly early
Saturday start to Excelsior. Dunderberg (a shorter climb) can be done Sunday
before driving home. Email to Asher amuirman at yahoo.com, with some
experience info. Also, carpool offers/needs, locations, departure times.
It's a long drive.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Asher Waxman

August (TBA) Friday-Sunday
Royce, Merriam and Feather Peaks

Do you enjoy scrambling and solitude? If so join me for a late summer
attempt on three California 13ers. On Friday we will backpack approximately
9 miles into Royce Lakes Basin using the Pine Creek Pass and Italy Pass
trails, finally going cross-country over "Royce Pass". Day 2 we get an
early start to scramble up Royce Peak and Merriam Peak from the
"Royce-Merriam Saddle", and then finish with Feather Peak via the
Royce-Feather Col. Sunday we will break camp and hike back to the Pine
Creek trail head and drive home. This trip will include Class 2-3
scrambling and likely snow/ice travel up to 45 degrees. Send an email with
experience/conditioning to chris.jakober at gmail.com.
LEADER/ORGANIZER: Chris Jakober