[Hackrf-dev] How to tell if antenna is faulty

david vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:01:47 EST 2019

I don't have one here to measure, but such antennas are always highly
compromised when working over the huge frequency range of the HackRF.
At the low end, it's practically a paperclip, and at the high end it's way
too long.

You've heard the expression, "Better, Faster, Cheaper, pick any two"?
With antennas it's gain, bandwidth and pattern, pick any two.
cover
I can't offer too much in specific, there are lots of possibilities
depending on how it was designed.

The ARRL Antenna manuals are a very good resource, covering practically DC
to Daylight.

--
K1FZY (WA4TPW) SK  9/29/37-4/13/15