[Hackrf-dev] use as a tracking generator.

malabarjss malabarjss at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 10:06:41 EST 2018

I have been looking at the same thing. One way to do it would be to set the hackrf to a fixed frequency  (analyzer's 1st LO freq) and use a mixer to combine the signal with the analyzer`s sweep output to generate the correct input frequency.
Another easy approach is to use a $20 broadband noise generator, found on eBay, as a source.
http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/t_and_m/spectrum_analyser/analyzer-tracking-generator.php
http://www.mwrf.com/test-and-measurement/tracking-generators-enhance-spectrum-analysis
John
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Tablet
-------- Original message --------From: pete M <petem001 at hotmail.com> Date: 1/5/18  10:11 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: HackRF-dev at greatscottgadgets.com Subject: [Hackrf-dev] use as a tracking generator.

I've search a lot, but cant seem to find the answer.

Anyone been able to do a sweep generator with an hackrf?

I got myself a nice communication analyzer , an ANRITSU 8802A, This has a spectrum analyzer and all the whistle that I want to fix radio and adjust repeaters and all other stuff like that.

But it seem to lacks a sweep generator so that I can tune cavities and duplexer.

So anyone can help pointing me in the good direction on how I could do that?

I think there is a way to make the Hackrf xmit from a command line program, but I dont find the name of it.

thanks

Pierre
VE2PF