[Hackrf-dev] TX Trouble

wiemeyer at nehp.net wiemeyer at nehp.net
Tue Oct 17 10:36:53 EDT 2017

Hello All,

I'm still having trouble transmitting from file, a car door clicker
waveform that I saved, similar to one of the tutorial videos.

For one thing, the TX light comes on when I start the flowgraph, but when
I close it, the light stays on.  Is that normal?

And, generally speaking, what are things to look for when debugging TX
problems?  I can think of two problems:  I'm not transmitting with enough
power, or I messed up the waveform somehow when I recorded it.

Regarding the first, I've tried setting the RF gain as high as it will go,
and I've tried different antenna lengths.

Regarding the second, I'm worried that I may have saturated HackRF when I
recorded the waveform.  Is there a way to tell, if I view the recorded
waveform in the QT GUI time domain plot?  Anything above 1 V or below -1
V?  I guess the waveform would look clipped, but it appears so quickly,
that it is hard to tell.  Same question on transmit:  how can I tell if I
am saturating?

I'm also aware of the trick in the video about multiplying by a constant
to increase SNR.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Brian