[Hackrf-dev] TX Trouble

Simon Kennedy simon at thekennedys.info
Sun Oct 15 04:55:40 EDT 2017

Hi Brian

As you can see from the error message the flow graph is unable to establish
the connection to the HackRF. Obviously this could be as simple as not
having the device plugged in to the computer. I'm going to discount this
:-) but just double check by running dmesg immediately after plugging it in
and you should see reference to the HackRF connecting.

More likely is that the device string is wrong. If you have the latest
firmware loaded (run hackrf_info to check) dated 2017 then reference the
HackRF like 'hackrf=<serial number>'

If not, and I am casting my memory back here, I seen to remember a problem
using hackrf=0 but just try 'hackrf' on its own or 'hackrf=1'

HTH
Simon.