[Hackrf-dev] sweep capabilities

RizThon rizthon at gmail.com
Thu May 25 03:58:51 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm interested in the sweep capabilities of the HackRF (I don't own
one for the moment).

After seeing several older posts asking the same, I saw the recent
firmware update that adds the sweep functionality "natively", without
having to send lots of requests through the slow USB.

What can I expect exactly from a performance point of view? I've read
"sweep rate of 8 GHz per second" so does that mean that to scan
100MHz, it'll take 100M/8G=1/80s to scan? It should depend on the
capture time and tuning time, but maybe it's taken into account in the
8GHz/s?

What kind of computer does one need to run something like hackrf_sweep
than returns the FFT, with a resolution of 100kHz ie 10 bins per MHz?

Thanks,
  Riz