[Hackrf-dev] Odp: Re: How to resend SDRSharp captured baseband iq data

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Tue Mar 28 18:22:11 EDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:19:55PM +0200, kkkk wrote:

> performed again  that command as "sox sdriq.wav
> destination.s8".  And now is fine  my ding dong bell is talking :)

Excellent, and good catch!  I should have told you to use .s8 instead of
.u8, but I had .u8 on my mind because I've been working with unsigned
infrared captures lately.

> But Michael regarding to the GNU radio, what should be the  right
> conversion way in GRC, after cutting wav header, or maybe there is a
> block which cuts the header?.

I recommend using the Wav File Source.  It strips the header and
converts to float.  Then you can use Float to Char with a scale of 128
leading to a File Sink.

If you want to do something with the data in GNU Radio Companion other
than just dumping to a file, configure the Wav File Source to have 2
channels, and connect its two outputs to Float to Complex.

Michael