[Hackrf-dev] Multiple HackRF on same computer

william hatch billhatch40 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 13:32:46 EDT 2017

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.4; Boost_105400; UHD_003.011.000.git-20-gedb363c3
gr-osmosdr-0.1.4   HackRF 2017.02.1  GNU Radio Companion 3.7.10.1
After much cut and try I found the following device arguments worked for 3 hackrf attached to my USB ports
first hackrf leave the osmcom device arguments field blank. hackrf=0 does not work
second hackrf, device arguments:  hackrf=1
third hackrf, device arguments:  hackrf=2

I tried using the hackrf serial numbers as per the training video. This did not work on my system. The key seemed to be leaving the osmcom source/sink block argument field blank for the first hackrf. I do not have a clue as to why this worked on my system.
Bill Hatch