[Hackrf-dev] Ok, this is weird

Chuck McManis chuck.mcmanis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 01:10:36 EST 2017

And still more additional data, I booted pentoo on my system (gotta love
liveCD boots) and ran the lesson1 config from there, same hardware same USB
setup and no glitching (or underruns) in the audio. So clearly something
changed. Unfortunately there isn't any way I find to audit what Anaconda
did to my system.

Differences in the GRC log between Pentoo system image vs my currently
booting Ubuntu 16.04 image:

Pentoo>  linux; GNU C++ version 4.9.3; Boost_105600;
UHD_003.008.005-0-unknown
Ubuntu> linux; GNU C++ version 5.3.1 20151219; Boost_105800;
UHD_003.009.002-0-unknown

Pentoo> (this line doesn't appear)
Ubuntu> Using Volk machine: avx2_64_mmx_orc

Pentoo> gr-osmosdr v0.1.4-48-g86ad5842 (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.10
Ubuntu> gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.9

Pentoo> Generating: '/home/pentoo/gnu-radio/top_block.py'
                 Executing: /usr/bin/python2.7 -u
/home/pentoo/gnu-radio/top_block.py
Ubuntu> Generating: '/freenas/home/cmcmanis/gnu-radio/top_block.py'
                 Executing: /usr/bin/python2 -u
/freenas/home/cmcmanis/gnu-radio/top_block.py

Pentoo> (this line doesn't appear)
Ubuntu> gr::log :INFO: audio source - Audio sink arch: alsa