[Hackrf-dev] LNA4ALL

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:37:13 EST 2017

For transmitting multiple signals at once on a single HackRF I use an
external LNA and band pass filter or low pass filter.

But I always put a variable attenuator in the line until I confirm the
strength of the signal since I'm worried about the reflected power at
the antenna.

I can estimate the reflection coefficient at the antenna but I don't
know the total power coming out of the HackRF + LNA.

Otherwise I don't use a LNA for transmitting.

For receiving I don't need a LNA - I use low pass or band pass filter.

I haven't played with GPS yet.

I got rid of my telescopic antenna and picked up two wide band PCB log
periodic antennas. I already had a couple of copper HF/VHF antennas.

However, it did cost more than LNA.

-- Cinaed