[Hackrf-dev] LNA4ALL

Martin Smith martin_z_smith at yahoo.ie
Wed Feb 1 10:24:36 EST 2017

A low noise amplifier with a relatively low (linear) gain at the antenna, will
do more to improve the noise figure than anything else.

http://ava.upuaut.net/?p=836

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-blog-units-back-in-stock-polling-on-future-upgrades/#comment-80749

The above two links should help you understand why people use LNA's away from
the receiver.