[Hackrf-dev] Fwd: HackRF for preliminary FCC home test?

Paul Opitz pmanu44 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 18:21:26 EDT 2017

Unless you have a good RF shield room, it will be difficult to isolate signals emitted from your device against RF sources in your general environment (ie. broadcast tv and radio, wi-fi, bluetooth, commercial and public safety 2-way radio). I've done similar "quick and dirty" measurements w/Hack RF. I first averaged RF environment for a long time and saved those values (for every frequency in the target spectrum). Then, I measured w/the device turned on and subtracted the previously averaged values. Any remaining spikes were either due to RF noise from the device or an external intermittent RF signal source (i.e. two-way radio systems as primary source).
I got much better results when I went out to our test facility and did the same test (same basic methodology) in our RF shield room.
Agreed w/others that FCC test reports for simillar devices are a very good source for the actual methodology used by a lab (as well as the RF limits requirements). They are freely searchable and generally public documents.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Sergey Ivanov<ivanov1024 at gmail.com> wrote:   _______________________________________________
HackRF-dev mailing list
HackRF-dev at greatscottgadgets.com