[Hackrf-dev] what is the story with gr-osmosdr not building?

Chuck McManis chuck.mcmanis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 01:50:35 EDT 2017

Hi Dominic,

> We're not in a position to support LimeSDR on this mailing list,

I know, I much prefer my HackRF :-). Up to now I've "gotten away" with
just using the packages rather than go into the FOSS dungeon to smelt
metal to cast parts for a lathe so that I can create the tools that I
need to get something done. Consider it an expression of my
frustration. So begins my entry into the third level of hell, perhaps
I'll blog about it :-). It does surprise me that HEAD on a 'major'
package like gr-osmosdr would not even be buildable, (because that is
typically the first test prior to merge a commit, does it still build)
but as I've been digging into it, some of the inter-relationships
between gnuradio, what Ettus started with (aka the uhd API) and the
current state of affairs (about a half dozen SDRs bodged into the
framework in one way or another) that the situation is far from
"simple."

Since the HackRF stuff seems to be the most effectively integrated SDR
I just assume all the pros are here who already know all this stuff.

--Chuck