[Hackrf-dev] Issues using Hackrf one

kavya at tenettech.com kavya at tenettech.com
Thu Sep 29 03:25:18 EDT 2016

Hii

I am new to Hackrf. I am trying to use Hackrf One unit to receive a FM
station using GNU Radio. However I have not yet received the ANT500
antenna. so I am using a vert2450 antenna which i was using with USRP
devices.

1. I am able to run the GRC without any error. the same grc (replacing
osmocom source with rtl-2832 source), i am able to receive a clear audio
from the local fm station. But when experimenting with hackrf, i could
hear only noise. Is this due to antenna which i am using?
  should i use ANT500 antenna only?

2.I have not updated the firmware. so should i update it to do this
experiment.

Please help me out.

best Regards
Kavya