[Hackrf-dev] Narrowband fm - what is the secret?

Gavin Jacobs apriljunkbox at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:23:21 EDT 2016

I did make some progress on this, as follows:

- temporarily attached rubber-ducky antenna from handheld, onto the hackrf One; got a very faint signal

- zoomed in on frequency display and determined that frequency correction of 10 ppm centered the bandwidth on the target frequency

Once I found the signal, I tried again with & without the RF amp, I could see all the spectrum move up, but not much difference to the SNR.

Per Kevin's suggestion, I will try a different antenna and a better (higher) location in the attic. This is getting a bit off topic, but I will need an omni-directional antenna, with some gain in the 2m band - perhaps a discone?

Thanks,

Jake