[Hackrf-dev] Current, reasonably priced external clock?

Ulf Bertilsson ulf.daniel.bertilsson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:04:12 EST 2016

Im mostly active on twitter on handle @uber_security if you want to share experience. I have several related posts using gpssim.

Here some suggestions.

Make an small faradaycage that fits the hackrf unit and an gps unit.

Use hack_transfeer at say 443mhz (safe band) and send gpssim at that frequency.

Use an rtlsdr or like unit and verify _no_ signal get out of the cage.

Then test at gps freq keeping things somewhat safe.

Try viewing tx as an loaded weapon, and having good rutines are healthy.

Ie, I newer have antenna connected while setting up sw etc.

Note the legal aspect of jamming.

Might I ask you try something simpler like say an jam/replay attack towards carkeys ?

Very useful learning before aiming at critical infrastructure ;-)

Your ways seems to be "glitch it" and see what's happen, rather that the moral legal stuff. How you going to measure/note results?

Find an forum/env to share ideas at least before you try :-)

Don't let me moral you down tho.

Sendt fra min iPhone