[Hackrf-dev] playing back osmocom_fft cfiles

Mike Walters mike at flomp.net
Mon Mar 28 20:30:30 EDT 2016

The HackRF format uses interleaved 8-bit signed integers and the cfile
format (from osmocom_fft, GNURadio, etc.) uses interleaved 32-bit floating
point numbers.
By 'interleaved' I mean that it's just I, Q, I, Q, etc.

A quick and easy way I use to convert between them on the command-line is
to use sox:

sox -t f32 osmocom_fft_recording.cfile -t s8 hackrf_transfer_recording.cs8

(to convert from a cfile recorded with osmocom_fft to a file you could
replay with hackrf_transfer)