[Hackrf-dev] playing back osmocom_fft cfiles

Brent Thorne brentathorne at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:55:46 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to playback files captured in osmocom_fft.
Initially I was thinking I could use hackrf_transfer, but the file
format appear to be different.  Can anyone help me understand the
differenced between the two file formats, osmocom_fft cfiles and
hackrf_transfer files?   I think the hackrf output format is two
bytes, or I and Q data.  Is that correct?  Not sure what format the
osmocom tools outputs, gnuradio?

Maybe a transcoder tool already exist or there is a better way to
playback files captured with osmocom_fft or gnuradio.  I can capture
and playback files with hackrf_transfer, but often want visualize,
annotate and playback a select part of the capture.  Is there a better
way to do this.

Best,

Brent