[Hackrf-dev] High Noise Floor

Jay Radcliffe jay.radcliffe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 00:08:18 EST 2016

Hello,

I am working with an older Jawbreaker with current firmware (2015.07.2) and
am seeing something odd. When I just run a simple source -> FFT in GRC the
baseline of the noise floor is quite high (around -40db). When I take the
antenna off it drops down to -90db. Tried several antennas with same
results. I have tried the FM broadcast band, 440mhz and 915mhz. Typically
when I see examples of the FFT in a demonstration or presentation the noise
floor is in the -80/-90 range. I am using the default setting for the FFT
and osmocom source blocks. Anyone have any ideas about this or have see
this behavior before?

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Radcliffe