[Hackrf-dev] Newbie question.

Hello Gpio hellogpio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:32:19 EDT 2016

You would likely need to demodulate the signal to identify the operator.

This has been done before:
https://github.com/gearmover/hackrf-gsm
https://github.com/JiaoXianjun/LTE-Cell-Scanner

If all you want to do is determine signal strength of a known carrier, then
you will need to calibrate the HackRF and do it via an FFT.

-Nick
http://gpio.com