[Hackrf-dev] Spurs signals on Hack RF

YVAN FEREZ fer.navy13 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:11:02 EDT 2016

Hi,

Since few days, I came closer to a problem I noticed with the Hack RF.
Indeed, I have some spurs signal at different frequencies at constant
multiples.

With some manipulation like approaching the hack rf to the antenna and
checking with an sdr-rtl dongle, I figured out it went from the Hack RF One
itself.

Inspite of having a shielding kit installed in it, I still have these
signals.
Using a long USB cable (even shielded) seems to be a lot worst, which makes
me think about noise being emmitted through the grounded elements.

Changing antenna doesn't change but no problem anymore without antenna.
Adding some aluminium foil around the box (and grounding it to SMAs) are
ineffective.

Recently, I reopened the case and it seems to come from the two square
components near the USB port.

Have you an idea what it is, and better, how to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance.

Y.F.