[Hackrf-dev] Is my HackRF One broken?

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:10:52 EDT 2016

On 07/20/2016 04:13 AM, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> Hi Cinaed, thanks for your help.
>
> Il 19/07/2016 20:52, Cinaed Simson ha scritto:
>>> First of all, I am using an up-to-date Debian sid.
>>
>> Actually, it's up to date out of date OS unless you used backports but
>> then it may still be out of date.
>>
>> I believe sid is Debian 6 and the current version of Debian is 8.
>
> No, Debian sid is the bleeding-edge development version and it has
> version 2015.07.2 of the HackRF software.

Okay thanks.

The git version of the HackRF firmware is a snapshot of the bleeding
edge at some point in time too.

You should post the output of

  hackrf_info

Also, you need to test to see if your computer can sample at 8 MHz
without dropping data

  hackrf_transfer -r /dev/null

by comparing the output of the 2 columns. See

  https://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr

The rtl dongle samples somewhere around 2.5 MHz but typically less than
3 MHz.

The default sampling rate for the hackrf_transfer is 10 MHz.

And there's a DC offset at the center frequency - you need to look into
how the program deals with it.