[Hackrf-dev] HackRF Rx Design

Benjamin Yap vivawariors at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 16 04:40:11 EDT 2016

John,

I believe that's mainly because the Hack RF One uses a 2.3-2.7 GHz transceiver chip (MAX2837) as the main demodulating component. All other frequencies in the rated operational range are passed through filters and the RFFC5072 mixer chip which is probably why performance is degraded.

Have you tried configuring the gain settings? The front end LNA is rated til 6GHz and the MAX2837 has an IF and BB gain which totals up to about 90+dB max. Not sure about their performance though.

If you're planning to apply a custom downconverter before the antenna port, it's probably best to downconvert it to somewhere between 2.3-2.7GHz, or else you'll likely be adding more components (losses) into the RF chain.

Ben