[Hackrf-dev] How to do retunes in firmware ?

Patrick Sathyanathan wpats at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:08:16 EDT 2016

Never mind. It looks like I should build "hackrf_usb.bin". That looks the correct size.

--Patrick

From: wpats at hotmail.com
To: dominicgs at gmail.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:38:29 -0700
Subject: Re: [Hackrf-dev] How to do retunes in firmware ?
CC: hackrf-dev at greatscottgadgets.com

I have built a version of the firmware following the instructions in the hackrf/firmware/README file. The build produces the following files:

hackrf_usb.elf  -> 591408 bytes
hackrf_usb_m0.bin -> 396 bytes
hackrf_usb_m0.elf -> 93992 bytes

Compared to the downloaded firmware hackrf_one_usb_rom_to_ram.bin which is of size 20452 bytes the above .bin seems too small.

The wiki page says: "When writing a firmware image to SPI flash, be sure to select firmware that is compiled with the "rom_to_ram" option"

How do I build with the "rom_to_ram" option ?

Thanks,

--Patrick