[Hackrf-dev] no reception

Simon Kennedy simon at thekennedys.info
Sat Feb 6 15:53:55 EST 2016

Simon,

Usual RF best practice applies. Any reception will only be as good as the
antenna and its positioning.

My advice is for best reception is:
- use an external antenna
- get it as high as possible
- the antenna should be designed to operate at the frequency of reception
- make sure the SMA converter is the correct type, look up RP-SMA to find
out the difference. RP-SMA and SMA are not compatible.

You should be able to receive 2.4GHz WiFi signal from your router with a
WiFi antenna but only if you have the correct converter as I think the WiFi
standard is to use RP-SMA.

Install some software like gqrx so you can see the signals on the waterfall.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Simon.