[Hackrf-dev] Finding the Interference with directional antenna?

Chuck McManis chuck.mcmanis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 22:41:07 EST 2016

In the US there is a company called Dish Network (satellite TV) they
use a small dish antenna to talk to the satellites, it also makes a
great starting point for a directional WiFi antenna. Remove the LNB
that is normally in the antenna and tape a WiFi chip antenna at the
focal point. You can then point quite accurately at various WiFi
sources.

<http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M2844c9d84173dc5d1b923fed7c9edf64o0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0>
is a picture of one of these antennas.

--Chuck