[Hackrf-dev] Fast RX/TX switching

Michael Stahn michael.stahn.42 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:57:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

I want to modificate libhackrf to enable fast switching between RX/TX.
Right now
you need to call something like
open_config_board -> hackrf_start_rx -> (receiving) -> hackrf_stop_rx ->
hackrf_close -> hackrf_init -> hackrf_open -> hackrf_start_tx ->
(sending) ...
which has a bad influence on performance (needed for realtime handling).
The goal was something like
open_config_board -> hackrf_start_rx -> (receiving) -> hackrf_start_tx
-> (sending) ...
My question is: Do I have to terminate the transfer threads between all
RX<->TX-switches?
What about registering one callback for RX and TX and keeping it alive
all time.
The only thing which has to be done to switch between RX<->TX would be
to call "hackrf_set_transceiver_mode(device, [RX or TX]);"...is it this
simple or is there
more stuff to be done regarding initializing etc.?

Regards
mike