[Hackrf-dev] SignalScope Application with HackRF

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 03:34:39 EDT 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 07:03, Srinivasan T <tsvs.lc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw one application "SignalScope" under http://op25.osmocom.org/trac/wiki
> that can be used with HackRF.

I assume that you meant this SignalScope:
http://op25.osmocom.org/trac/wiki.png/wiki/SignalScopePage

I have never used it, but it appears to be a collection of GNURadio
GUI components that are useful for analysing a signal (FFT,
Constellation, etc).

> I would like to know whether we can use this application for different
> frequency with HackRF.

It is feasible that parts of it are quite generic and it takes a
frequency parameter, so iyou should be able to find out relatively
easily.  However, it relies on the op25 and op25repeater blocks; I
don't know how much of the functionality is based on them.

You will need to look at the code to determine how easily these parts
can be removed, or perhaps they can just be ignored.  I'm not sure how
useful this will be for non P25 signals.