[Hackrf-dev] Decode the Signal

Srinivasan T tsvs.lc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 02:28:27 EDT 2015

Dear All,

I am managed to do some RND with unknown Signal at 2.4 GHz. This Signal works almost everywhere in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Here some video for reference :

Here is the video :

Ø  FFT at 2.4 GHz ( we can see sudden fluctuation and power in db is really high - in Singapore at home )

      https://sendvid.com/33f5hpkg

        Detail : On this video, we can see peak hold in green color that leave a trace something comes and go

Ø  Spectrum Density of RF at 2.4 GHz ( in Medan - Indonesia )

        http://sendvid.com/mu9m2jeg

        Details : I have taken this video at place where there was no devices that operate at 2.4 GHz ( near plantations ). We can see noise floor in blue color comes and go.

                         This external interference cause Wi-Fi at 2.4 GHz to fluctuate and sudden fluctuate at different power level will increase of SNR of Wi-Fi ( signal to noise ratio )

Ø  AirMagnet XT ( in Singapore at home )

      Attached video file, file name ;   https://sendvid.com/tkq3xz0s

      Details :    This software one of the best software available in the market for detection interference Wi-Fi at 2.4 GHz with different options. We can see FFT picture at real

                        time in leave suddenly max hold around -10 dBm. ( We can spectrogram picture as well ).  There are 2 rules to be remembered :

·         If power level increase suddenly to 10 dBm then the source should be near and visible to me but on this case we dont see the source

·         Any RF Transmitter at 2.4 GHz will transmit at constant power and sudden increase of power at middle of transmission really no possible.

      Wi-Fi Fluctuations at Siloam Hospital in Medan - Indonesia

http://sendvid.com/2u2j34m7

I would like to request on how decode header information or others of the signal. I have captured .iq and .cfile using HackRF :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj77dm4n7fj7rcl/Signal%20Capture.7z?dl=0

Please advise on  decode the signal.

Regards

Srinivasan T