[Hackrf-dev] hackrf_open() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:17:13 EDT 2015

On 19 March 2015 at 12:16, Chris Hallinan <challinan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I'm using kernel 3.12, definitely no hackrf module, but I still
> can generate the same error simply by issuing hackrf_info in a short
> loop.

Yes, this is unrelated to the looping issue, it just presents the same
error message (i.e. it can't connect to the HackRF).

> Once the error happens, it is permanent.  Unplugging and replugging
> the USB cable resolves it.

I'm fairly certain this is related to the way that linux or libusb
handle the repeated opening and closing of a device.

Is there a reason that you need to open and close the device often?

Thanks,
  Dominic