[Hackrf-dev] hackrf_open() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB (-1000)

Vincent Le Nir vlenir.ciss.rma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:55:05 EDT 2015

> On 18 March 2015 at 11:22, Vincent Le Nir <vlenir.ciss.rma at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > We have just received the Hackrf and we are developing a C++ application
> > transmit and receive data samples.
>
> Are you writing this from scratch rather than using GNU Radio?  Using
> libHackRF to communicate with the hardware?

Yes, we try to use the hackrf library directly without GNU Radio.

> > As the Hackrf is half duplex, we need to open and close the hackrf.
>
> I know that someone was implementing a gnu radio flow graph with both
> TX and RX (using two HackRF One units) and came across problems with
> USB contexts.  I wonder if this is related to the same problem.

We are using only one HackRF.

> > This error occurs also when using the command hackrf_info
>
> I can successfully reproduce this problem with the following script:
> #!/bin/bash
> i=0
> j=0
> while [ $i -eq 0 ]
> do
>     hackrf_info > /dev/null
>     i=$?
>     j=$[$j+1]
> done
> echo "Failed on attempt $j"

Thanks for testing.

> > Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?
>
> Are you using the 2014.08 release or the latest code from GitHub?

I am using the latest code from Github.

> Have you tried switching between TX and RX without closing the device?

I also tried this approach, but without closing the device I have another
error related to the problem that I cannot write or read from the transfer
buffer.

Thanks,
>   Dominic

Thanks,