[Hackrf-dev] GPS Spoofing for forensic use

OSQZSS osqzss at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:25:23 EDT 2015

> Can you explain what modifications have to be done to support HackRF?

I haven’t tested my code with HackRF, but it should work on any other SDR
platform with proper data format and signal amplitude.

The current 4MHz sampling rate can be too high for USB 2.0 on HackRF. You
can change SAMP_FREQ to 2.6e6, and the corresponding IQ_BUFF_SIZE to 260000.

Since HackRF stores I/Q sample pairs in signed 8-bit integers, you need to
allocate iq_buff in “signed char”, instead of “short” for the 16-bit
bladeRF format.

The simulated I/Q samples will then be stored in “signed char” format as
well with a proper ADC_GAIN.

I think that all the modifications you need to playback the simulated I/Q
data samples for HackRF
with the transfer command:

hackrf_transfer -t gpssim.bin -f 1575420000 -s 2600000 -a 1 -x 0