[Hackrf-dev] ubuntu 14.04lts

Paul Connolly eeipcy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:57:37 EDT 2015

I'm curious does 'uname -r' return a kernel version older than 3.18 in
Ubuntu 14.04, (before the hackrf module was added by LinuxTV kernel
developers) ?

http://palosaari.fi/linux/
... snip ...
HackRF SDR driver (hackrf)
* Kernel 3.18
* only RX
... snip ...

You could try the following:
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/issues/165#issuecomment-106059555
$ echo "blacklist hackrf" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-hackrf.conf
$ sudo rmmod hackrf

Which was fixed with this update.
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/issues/163

Or maybe it is USB ports being automatically powered down by Ubuntu, if
powernap is installed ?
$ sudo powernap-action --disable usb_autosuspend

Or if it is Ubuntu with "Laptop-Mode-Tools" installed to extend battery
life you could disable the powerdown of this specific USB device:
Find the ID with 'lsusb', for a HackRF One this will be "1d50:6089"
Edit the AUTOSUSPEND_USBID_BLACKLIST parameter in
/etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/usb-autosuspend.conf to be
AUTOSUSPEND_USBID_BLACKLIST="1d50:6089"
sudo service laptop-mode restart