[Hackrf-dev] Amp On or Off

Paul Connolly eeipcy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:34:04 EDT 2015

If you look at the bottom right hand corner of the third page (the
HackRF One front end) of
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/blob/master/doc/hardware/hackrf-one-schematic.pdf

The SMA antenna (P4) is followed by a transient-voltage-suppression
diode to protect the circuit (ESD), which is followed by the Bias-T
blocking capacitor (C64), then it enters a single-pole triple-throw
switch (U14 - SKY13317), there are three possibilities:
The TX  amp (U25) is connected to the Antenna.
The bypass path is connected to the Antenna.
The RX amp (U13) connected to the Antenna.

The symptom of a blown amp is that when it is switch into the signal
path it acts like an attenuator (lower SNR) instead of a providing gain,
relative to it being bypassed. So you will see a higher SNR with the amp
bypassed.